Request child support from your child’s other parent

Request child support from your child’s other parent

There are a number of things that parents will disagree on when they are trying to raise a child together. It can be especially difficult to work together when the parents are separated, and one of them has custody of their child. They may have managed to find a custody arrangement that works best for the both of them, but when it comes to child support, parents don’t always see eye to eye. However, no matter what the noncustodial parent may feel, the child needs to be supported by both parents, which is why the custodial parent should request child support.

When a parent has custody of their child and the other does not, it is likely that the parent with custody will need assistance from the noncustodial parent. As children grow, their needs change and this increase in needs will require more money from both parents. The noncustodial parent may not have custody, but it is not right for them to not contribute financially. If they do not choose to do so willingly, the custodial parent can simply handle the problem be taking them to court.

Parents may request to receive child support, but that doesn’t mean the request will be granted. There are many factors that the courts will examine when trying to determine if a parent should pay child support and how much. If it is in the best interests of the child to receive monthly child support payments, it is likely that the courts will rule in favor of the parent who requested the payments.

If you and the other parent of your child are having a disagreement about child support, an attorney at the Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers may be able to assist you. It is important that your child be cared for by both parents financially, and that may require child support payments. Regardless of how the other parent feels, your child needs the support of both parents.

2022-04-07T19:42:05+00:0015 Oct 2015|
Go to Top