Report your former spouse for failure to pay child support

Report your former spouse for failure to pay child support

When two people have a child together, it is important that they work together to care for him or her, whether they are married, in a relationship, divorced or living separately. Even though it is ideal for parents to cooperate and do what they should, not everyone does.

In fact, some parents even pretend as if the child doesn’t exist and fail to support them in the ways they need, such as paying child support. Should a parent decide to ignore their responsibilities and not pay child support on time or at all, you should report them for this.

The following are some of the reasons you may wish to report your former spouse for failure to pay child support.

  • The child is not getting the necessary financial support.
  • You may not be able to properly care for the child without the monthly payments.
  • The child’s parent has violated the court order.

Sometimes, a parent may be hesitant to report his or her former spouse for not paying child support out of fear of the reaction that the action may garner. However, the fact is that when a parent is ordered to pay child support, he or she is legally obligated to do so.

The legal obligation is not the only reason a parent should pay child support. The payments should also be paid because it is the right thing to do. If you have been having trouble getting your child’s other parent to pay child support, an attorney at the Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers may be able to assist you in finding a way to correct the situation.

2022-04-06T19:29:36+00:0011 Feb 2016|
Go to Top