Divorce can be one of the most challenging experiences in a person’s life. No matter the reasons behind a divorce or the details involved in having the divorce decree finalized, the process can be incredibly difficult. At the Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, our legal team specializes in handling complex divorce cases, including those involving high net worth and significant asset ownership.
If you are considering a divorce in the near future, an Orange County high net worth divorce attorney can help protect your interests and ensure your property rights under California’s strict community property laws. Our team knows how to investigate and untangle complex assets and investments to divide ownership equally under California’s divorce laws. It’s never a good idea to wait too long to seek legal counsel when you’re facing a divorce. However, speed is especially important when you need legal representation from an Orange County high net worth divorce lawyer. The sooner you secure legal representation, the sooner you can start strengthening your negotiation position for your divorce proceedings.
High-Caliber Representation For High Net Worth Clients
The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC, provides sophisticated, skilled assistance and discreet divorce representation to high net worth individuals such as celebrities, business owners and professionals. Whether you are facing a dispute over ownership of specific assets or your spouse wants to take half of the business you have built, we can help. Our Orange County high net worth attorneys have significant experience dealing with high net worth divorce cases and understand how frustrating and draining they can be. We do everything in our power to streamline your divorce negotiations and answer questions concerning high net worth property division under California state law.
To schedule a consultation, contact our Orange County high net worth divorce lawyers today. We have been serving clients throughout Orange County and Riverside County, California, for the past 30 years. Our team will take the time to get to know you and your situation so we can provide the most comprehensive legal representation we possibly can.
Newport Beach Lawyers Seeking A Private Divorce
If you need an Orange County high net worth divorce lawyer, Attorney Dorie A. Rogers and her legal team have the skills, resources, and experiences to provide the comprehensive divorce representation you need. Our firm is committed to guiding you through your divorce as quickly and completely as possible and ensuring you get your fair share of the marital property under all applicable laws. Ms. Rogers is a board-certified family law specialist with more than 30 years of experience. As a respected Orange County high net worth divorce attorney, she has the necessary skills and resources to equitably divide marital assets and property, including:
- Bank accounts and investment accounts. Typically, California’s community property laws mean that bank accounts and investment accounts shared by a married couple remain the property of both spouses and are therefore subject to community property division. However, if you have evidence that a bank account or an investment account should qualify as your own separate property, an experienced Orange County high net worth divorce attorney may help you find the evidence you need to establish your ownership and rights over these types of assets.
- Retirement accounts and pensions. It’s likely that any retirement account you paid into while married or pension you earned while married will be subject to division under California’s community property law. Your attorney can ensure that the proceedings surrounding this type of property division are executed legally and ethically, so you only need to part with what is legally due.
- Stock options. Stock options are generally easy to split. Couples who own shares of stock will simply divide their shares. If the couple owned 100 shares while married, they will each receive 50 in divorce. However, navigating the paperwork and procedures surrounding the transfer or adjustment of stock options can be incredibly challenging without assistance from an experienced Orange County high net worth divorce attorney.
- Professional practices. If you are a doctor or any other type of licensed professional, you do not want your divorce to interfere with your career. A high net worth divorce could complicate your ability to practice your discipline and maintain your career without the right legal representation. As your Orange County high net worth divorce lawyers, the team at the Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers will do everything we can to legally protect your professional practices.
- Family-owned businesses. Did you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse build a business together? Any California court will likely consider the business as community property during divorce proceedings. However, your Orange County high net worth divorce attorney can ensure you do not sustain liability for your partner’s debts or poor business decisions. They can help verify that the value you receive is proportionate to the work you put into the business. Your attorney can also facilitate the legal sale or transfer of ownership of your family-owned business if necessary.
- Hidden assets, including money in overseas accounts or tax shelters. Our team knows how to spot the signs of hidden assets or exploitative tax shelters. When you are headed for high net worth divorce in Orange County, your legal team can ensure everything is on the table.
- Real estate, vacation homes and other property. Your Orange County high net worth divorce attorney can help you negotiate property division terms for valuable assets like real estate and vacation homes. If necessary, your lawyer can help you ensure a fair and legal sale of any properties you and your spouse cannot agree to divide equally.
- Boats, sports cars and other recreational vehicles. An experienced attorney can ensure all vehicles are properly appraised so their true values can be considered during property division negotiations. If a divorcing couple must sell these kinds of vehicles and split the proceeds under California’s community property laws, an Orange County high net worth divorce attorney can ensure such sales are executed legally and fairly.
- Valuable furniture, antiques, art collections, coin collections, etc. An experienced Orange County high net worth divorce attorney can answer specific questions about valuable items that may be subject to division in divorce. In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate a trade of different valuables to avoid needing to sell them and split the proceeds.
At The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC, we focus on obtaining the maximum possible share of complex property division while considering tax implications to manage your tax liability. Our Divorce Lawyers engage the assistance of business valuation experts, tax experts and forensic accountants to help you determine the true value of your complex property and assets. We will then pursue an equitable share of those assets and address any tax consequences related to the division of property.
California’s Interspousal Fiduciary Duties
According to relevant California law, each spouse must disclose all assets and liabilities to the other spouse, even if those assets are currently considered to be separate property. This fiduciary duty continues even after the spouses have separated and are waiting for finalization of their divorce.
It is not uncommon for spouses to try to misappropriate, conceal or misrepresent the value of assets before or during a divorce. As complete financial disclosure is required by law, the failure to be forthcoming about property could result in serious consequences, including the loss of an entire asset that might have been equally divided. A divorcing spouse who engages in any kind of fraud to attempt to hide assets subject to division risks significant criminal penalties as well. When you need a reliable Orange County high net worth divorce attorney who can identify issues like these in your case, the Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers are available to assist you.
If you are concerned about protecting your net worth during divorce, we can take immediate action to safeguard your financial stability. For example, we could place a lien on your home or freeze certain credit card and bank accounts to ensure that marital assets and debts will remain in place until they can be properly addressed through settlement negotiations, mediation or courtroom proceedings.
Contact Our Laguna Beach, California, Business Valuation Attorneys
High net worth divorce cases tend to be very tense situations. This is natural because each of the divorcing spouses wants to ensure their own future security, and it can be very difficult to feel like a divorcing spouse is conceding anything to the other. Regardless of whatever feelings lie between the divorcing spouses, they both have an obligation to execute divorce proceedings in good faith, and they both have the right to obtain legal representation.
Even if you believe your high net worth divorce could proceed amicably, it is always best to secure legal representation as soon as possible when divorce is on the horizon. As your Orange County high net worth divorce attorneys, the Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers can help you navigate the complexities of your high net worth divorce case. Please contact The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC, at 714-602-1492 to schedule a consultation with a Newport Beach private divorce attorney.
“Dorie is a very powerful attorney and a great asset to have on your side in any family legal matter. She is extremely bright and insightful, and I got everything I asked for in my lawsuit.”
“I would strongly recommend Ms. Dorie Rogers for any legal needs. During my Divorce proceedings, Dorie’s professionalism, expertise in Divorce Law and legal skill helped bring my case to a close in both a timely and mutually agreeable manner.
Additionally, Dorie took the time to understand me and my background to better represent me in my case. She showed a level of caring and concern that helped me through a very difficult time. She is an outstanding lawyer and wonderful person.”
“Second to none – I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dorie to anyone. She was my attorney for my divorce and custody case. She will do everything it takes to get the job done and all with a smile on her face. Her knowledge and expertise will assist anyone in a family law situation get the results they want.”