Things to consider when requesting child support | The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC
The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC | Certified Family Law Specialist
we return all phone calls within 24 hours

Things to consider when requesting child support

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Being a parent is rewarding, but it can also be stressful from time to time. Children grow every day and their needs are constantly changing, so more and more money will be spent as time goes on. With this being the case, parents may find it necessary to request child support from their child's other parent if they are not currently getting help from them.

When a parent decides to request a certain amount of child support for their son or daughter, they should consider the following:

  • Which parent has the higher income?
  • Is this a fair amount of child support to request?
  • Is this an amount that your child's other parent can afford to pay monthly?
  • Are there any circumstances that may cause a judge to award you a lower payment then you have requested?

Sometimes, parents may decide to deal with their child support issues outside of court. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but when child support is court ordered and a parent fails to pay, the order can be enforced. This is not true when there is no order in place. The idea is to ensure that your child will get the financial support that he or she needs and a child support order is a great way to make sure that happens.

When two people decide to have a child, then they both are responsible for him or her. Should the relationship end,  that does not mean their responsibilities as a parent end as well. Any parent who would like to request child support should consider speaking to an attorney who can assist with the process.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information