How courts enforce child support orders | The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC
The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC | Certified Family Law Specialist
we return all phone calls within 24 hours

How courts enforce child support orders

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

When two parents are involved in a feud over child custody, it can be a trying experience for all parties involved. There will come a point where the dispute will end, but finding a child custody arrangement is only half of the battle, especially if parents will later have to discuss child support. Many parents, even though they may feel it is unfair, will decide not to take action when the other parent of their child is not paying child support. However, for those who want to ensure their child gets the monthly payments they are owed, you do have several options as to how you can get these payments in a timely manner.

The following are the various ways courts can enforce child support orders:

  • Wage garnishments.
  • Seizing property.
  • Revoking driver's license.
  • Withholding federal tax returns.

Should a parent express their concerns to the court about them not receiving child support on time or even at all, the courts will move forward with enforcing the child support order. Since there are several options as to how this can be done, there may be one or more attempts to recover these payments for the child made by the courts. Ideally, after this has occurred, the parent who has owed child support will resume with making monthly payments and the child will once again be financially secure.

It is difficult to care for a child alone, so it is not fair for parents to abandon their responsibilities and not pay child support. Children need to be supported by both parents and, even if the parent does not want to be there physically, it is important that they contribute financially on a regular basis or according to what the court order states. An attorney can help any parent who is considering requesting child support, but also those who have not received child support.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information