Orange County Interstate Child Custody Lawyers

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Helping Parents Enforce Court Orders Across State Lines

A parent who has obtained physical custody of his or her child may sometimes go to great lengths to deprive the other parent of his or her visitation rights, and other parental rights. This may include moving to another state with the child out of spite, for the simple reason of making it difficult for one parent to enforce a child support order, or to find a state that has more appealing laws.

Of course, in some cases, a new job or remarriage provides a legitimate reason for the move but that doesn't alter the unique problems such a move creates for the parent whose child is relocating. Regardless of the reasons for the move to another state, a knowledgeable attorney can help you ensure that your parental rights are protected.

The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC, can help if your relationship with your child has been jeopardized due to an interstate custody dispute. We are well-equipped to protect your parental rights and the best interests of your child, given our more than 30 years of experience handling complex and high-conflict child custody battles.

We can assist you with:

To schedule a consultation with an Orange County interstate child custody attorney, contact us today.

Tustin Interstate Custody Arrangements Attorneys Skillfully Navigating Jurisdictional Issues

Determining the proper court to consider your interstate custody issues can be a confusing task. California retains jurisdiction to enforce its court orders, even if a child moves out of state, under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA).

According to the UCCJEA, if all parties have left the state, a custody/visitation order can be registered in the state in which the child lives, if the child has resided there for at least six months. After registration, modification of orders can be pursued in that state after registration. California retains continuing jurisdiction.


In general, California law requires relocating parents to seek approval prior to moving with the child out of state. You may be ordered by the court to return to California until the matter is resolved if you fail to obtain the proper permission prior to relocation. You could also be found in contempt of court for violating an existing child custody arrangement.

Our law firm represents parents who wish to contest the potential relocation of their child. We also represent clients who wish to relocate with their child and need counsel on how to pursue this option without running afoul of the law.

Contact Our Newport Beach, California, Custody Relocation Lawyers

For trustworthy assistance with even the most complex interstate custody matters, please contact The Law Offices of Dorie A. Rogers, APC, at 714-602-1492 to schedule a consultation with a Tustin interstate custody arrangements lawyer.