Lisa R. McCall
Lisa R. McCall joined the firm as an associate attorney in June 2012. She has extensive experience in civil writs and appeals, with a focus on family law appellate matters. Ms. McCall is a Family Law Specialist certified by the State Board of Legal Specialization, and has completed both the Houston Family Law Trial Institute, an extensive family law trial training program, and the Orange County Bar Association College of Trial Advocacy. She has served as both program chair and section chair of the appellate section of the Orange County Bar Association, responsible for planning educational programs for appellate attorneys in Orange County and facilitating the relationship between the appellate bench and bar. She currently serves on the board of the Orange County Bar Association Family Law Section, and the board of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists Orange County Chapter. She also currently serves on the Amicus Committee of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists.
Ms. McCall earned her J.D., cum laude, from Whittier Law School in 2006, where she was a senior member of the Whittier Law School Journal of Child and Family Advocacy, a teaching assistant in first-year legal writing, and an active member of the Public Interest Law Foundation. During law school, she became a certified mediator and has mediated small claims cases at the Orange County Superior Court. She became a member of the bar of the United States Supreme Court in December 2010.
Ms. McCall has volunteered with Public Law Center, where she has represented pro bono family law litigants, and with Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County, where she has served as an attorney judge at the annual Constitutional Rights Foundation mock trial competitions. She also regularly serves as an appellate attorney judge at the annual California State University Long Beach moot court competitions. For the past two years, Ms. McCall has privately tutored law students in the areas of legal writing and law school examination preparation. In Fall 2012, she was invited by her alma mater, Whittier Law School, to become an adjunct professor, where she co-taught an Appellate Advocacy course.
With her background in appeals and writs, primarily in family law cases, Ms. McCall brings "hindsight" insight to the firm. She is experienced in the statement of decision process and in preparing and preserving the record for appeal.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Civil Appeals and Writs
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, 2016
- California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. cum laude - December, 2006
- Honors: Top 17%
- California State University Long Beach, Long Beach, California
- B.A. magna cum laude - May, 2004
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
- What Lawyers Need to Know About Statements of Decision, Orange County Trial Lawyers Assn., The Gavel, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2009
- Writ and Appellate Practice (co-taught), Whittier Law School, August 19, 2013 - November 25, 2013
- Writ and Appellate Practice (co-taught), Whittier Law School, August 20, 2012 - November 26, 2012
- Statements of Decision and Post-Judgment Motions, Central Orange County Study Group, November 18, 2015
- Post-Judgment/Order Motions, "Freeway Series" at Hughes and Hughes, February 22, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, 2007 - Present
- Family Law Section, California State Bar, 2014 - Present
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, July 1, 2016 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Marjorie G. Fuller, Associate Attorney, April 1, 2008 - June 6, 2012